-StreetWise- -StreetWise-

Damn... If there's ever a Streets of Rage 4, I hope this song makes it on the game.
Rated, voted, favorited.

-Velocity Wings- -Velocity Wings-

Impeccable. I'm very music-oriented when it comes to my gaming, and I must say, this has a better Sonic vibe than any of the new brain droppings fresh from the minds of Sega nowadays. Please, upload more material like this.

My Kids' First Day on Drums My Kids' First Day on Drums

Best keep an eye on little squirt there. He just may be the next Neil Peart or Lars Ulrich.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

ya, looking forward to them all getting into music. Cheers for the kind words, dude.

A Place Of Misery(Remake) A Place Of Misery(Remake)

I don't pop in much to check the heavy metal section, it needs so much more professional work done.
This is a step in the right direction. This song maybe needs a little bit work done with the volume mixing, but the song itself is very professionally written. Keep up the good work.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Unlike most of the music on newgrounds, that is software driven, metal is 90%+ hardware. Actual instruments, that have to be integrated to software. Sure, it's great in a studio, but the average basementite...just can't afford the perfect studio. We are trying. |Glad you dig the tune. Volume mixing and stuff is all personal preferences. Just crank it, dude! hahaha. Thanks for the review and listen

at dawn & ice cap mashup/remix at dawn & ice cap mashup/remix

not my genre, so I'll rate it at what it's at right now.
I'm only doing this so I can let everyone know that the icecap zone bit is pretty stinkin obvious at 0:45.

The Pit (Aztech Genesis Mix) The Pit (Aztech Genesis Mix)

Never played the MK games (I suck bad enough at Street Fighter and the others), probably never will.
Will keep playing this track, though. Exhibits what the Genesis's old FM chip could do, yet you still add your own creative elements. A cover worthy of note.

Lava Reef Zone: Act 1 RMX Lava Reef Zone: Act 1 RMX

Oh, god. This song. Always enjoyed this little old ditty. And you did it justice.
I'm with JustShawn. The original Genesis version of S&K is waaaay better than the PC port. And, while the Saturn/PC versions of Sonic3D are better visually, I still prefer the Genesis release, simply for the tunes.

Kreyowitz responds:

Thank you for that, I've always wanted to try my hand at this song, and it came out much better than I hoped.

As to the S&K thing, welp, if i had to play it, i'd pick the Genesis version any day of the week, and for Sonic 3D; overall I'd take the Saturn version because I really like a lot of the music revisions, especially Panic Puppet Zone, but everyone has their preferences, eh?

Sprites Sprites

Little bit too dance/techno for my usual taste, but I will say, the SMS/GG PSG-like (and no, to all you younger buffoons, it's NOT the same as the NES) bits are a very, very nice touch. Nicely done.

Wicked Child [Rock Remake Wicked Child [Rock Remake

Dammit, ViewtifulDevil!
I guess it's my fault, really. I read your review before even listening to the song.
He's right, it reaaaally DOES sound similar to a Megaman track. Dunno about Megaman X or any of the newer crap (I've only played the original series, all the way up to #6), but I can totally imagine this being used in Megaman 11 or whatever they're at now. (I wonder how many young'uns would catch on?) I don't know how much to blame on ViewtifulDevil for his comparative review and how much to blame on you, Mr. MusicWizard, for making it so much like a Megaman composition. Either way, it cost you a star. Still an excellent job, quality-wise. And to answer your question: The WHOLE Goddamn thing sounds like Megaman!

8/10
4/5

MusicWizard responds:

Well, if it sounds like Megaman / Rockman it was not meant too ;)

If you listen to the same track for Castlevania to NES you will hear that it's the same track with another twist. ^_^

Thanks anyway for the comment.

-- MusicWizard

Wicked Child (NES+VRC6) Wicked Child (NES+VRC6)

YES! Thank you so much! This has always been my favorite Castlevania song. I haven't heard the VRC6 version before, but man, this is great!
10/10